background

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 68: Find Him

Hello! 
First of all....MONTIE GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That actually happened. I only had to kill 2 spiders in the font...Before the baptism, he came up to me and asked me why he couldn't stop crying :). When he came up out of the water he said, "AMEN!"  He texted us that morning and here is a little insight: 

Montie: "March 28, 2015 11:30 am Baptized turned my will and my life over to the care of the Father in heaven asked the Father for forgiveness, and for the strength to live in his likeness. Knowledge to understand the path of which he lights, faith to follow!" 
Us: "On March 28th, 2015 at 11:30 am Montie Simpson will give his life over to Christ. He has the faith to follow. Because of his faith his life will be changed, as well as countless generations that came before and after."
Montie: "Suit is pressed, tie pressed, ready to go for a dunk I've been up since 4:00 am. I even put in my teeth today mark it on the calendar doesn't happen often...lol very special day 2 me." 
I GOT TO GO BACK TO DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a few hours for a conference! When I found out that we were going, I could not stop talking about it! It felt like I had to wait years to finally get back there again. When I got there, 5 of my companions were there so it was a happy reunion! I ALMOST saw the Lira family....ALMOST. Of course the one day that I was in Dodge, they were in Wichita. Just my luck. 
A miracle of the week was most definitely seeing Noelle change more and more. Because of the baptism and the conference in Dodge, we didn't get to see her too much. Yesterday, we went over and she gave up coffee all on her own! She has not had any in a week MIRACLE!!!! She asked both of us why we decided to serve a mission. We compared our decision to serve a mission to her decision to get baptized, I have 3 months left and Sister Hartung has 3 days left. Lets just say that all 3 of us got emotional.
This week, I was praying and reviewing some events that have happened the last year or so. The good and the bad, the happy and the sad. The Spirit told me that Heavenly Father has allowed me to go through these things because before I left on my mission and throughout my mission, I asked Him to help me to understand how to access the atonement anytime. I then took a little inventory and realized that I have been carried by the atonement this entire time! I know that anytime that I need Him, he is there for me! I know that he is here for all of us whenever we need Him, our job is to find him. I love you all, Remember that God answers prayers! 


Sister Parry



The district


reunion!!


SIster Fairborn, Gabby, and me


DODGE CITY!!


Kinsley Kansas the middle of America!


Brother Yenser, Montie Simpson, Mackenzie Payton, Sister Hartung, Sister Parry


Poor Aiden fell asleep at church


                                     My best friend and my companion in the same choir 18 months ago!





No comments:

Post a Comment