background

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 63: Hugs and Kisses


TRANSFER WEEK!!!!!! 
I'm already being kicked out of Manhattan! So sad. The crazy news is that I'm going back to my first area Salina to be an Sister Training Leader(?!).
I hope that you all had a fantastic Valentines Day because we sure did! We were at a baptism for this guy that the elders are teaching and he is SUPER GOLDEN. Ever since I met him a few weeks ago, he already felt like a member! My favorite part of his baptism when he came up out of the water and was grinning from ear to ear! He started laughing and yelled, "YEAH! ALRIGHTTTTTTT!!!!" It was so funny! He already has the Aaronic priesthood and has a calling! I know that I didn't teach him at all, but I'm just as excited because there is another teammate on the Lord's team! 
So, we are teaching this girl from Equador, and she is a thinker. She likes what we teach her, but her thing is that she thinks that EVERY church that talks about Jesus in a good way is true. She told us this week that she wants to help all of the other exchange students come closer to Jesus so she decided to start her own church.  What's even more scary is when she told us that we were the ones that inspired her to do this, in fact, she assured us that she would tell EVERYONE in Equador that Sister Parry and Sister Jensen inspired her to start her own church. That is not exactly what we were going for! 
Miracles are happening in Manhappening! We were really tired from lots of meetings so we decided to walk around and talk to lots of people. We met a girl right outside of the Institute Building, gave her a church tour, and taught her the entire Restoration right on the spot! I really feel like she is a Kingdom Builder. she had amazing questions and is very open to learning! 
I have learned that Heavenly Father has a unique way of teaching me things. The other day, I was not discouraged, but knew that my work was missing something and I couldn't figure it out. We went to eat with some members that night and they started expressing my very same concerns about their own missionary work! Heavenly Father wanted me to help them and help myself at the very same time! As we talked, I think that we all learned what we needed to. As we left them with a commitment, I committed myself to do the same. 

We had Zone Conference this week and I learned SO MUCH! The last week, the Spirit reminded me a few times to prepare myself to receive some revelation and I sure did! The biggest thing that stood out to me was to love as Christ loves. One of the ways that He loves is to go to our level and then to bring us up higher and higher one step at a time. I have dedicated the entire month of February to learning about charity and love. 
I love and miss you all! Have a great week, go share the Gospel, and remember that God answers prayers! 

XOXO
Sister Parry

Happy Valentines Day! XOXOXO


#transfers


Happy Valentines Day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment