background

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 62: God is so cool.

Helloooooooo from the Little Apple! AKA Manhappening Kansas! 

Almost every Monday night without fail, I see a miracle that I have to wait an entire week to tell you about! Last week, it was Olivia. We met her on exchanges last week and she is so cool! She opened up to us about how much she is going through right now. It makes my heart hurt to see how hard this last year has been for her. I just want her to realize how much God loves her! She told us that she knows that the Church and the Book of Mormon are true, and she has felt more peace by reading the Book of Mormon than by any other way. 

Another fun miracle happened this week. We were on our way back to the car and Sister Jensen felt impressed that we needed to take the long way back to the car. As we were walking, we stopped to talk to a girl named Taylor. Wow. Taylor told us that she has really been thinking lately that she wants to get baptized this year! Okay, how about this month?! She even asked us for a calender to help her get baptized! 

One of my favorite moments was when one of the STLs came with us for an hour or so. She could not believe how many people there are in Manhattan Kansas! It was a sad moment to her when she realized that there is no possible way to talk to every person you see. It was like watching a kid running up and down in a candy store. The best part was when we turned around to see her run across a busy street to give a man a Book of Mormon. He didn't want it, but he took a pamphlet. That's a start!

Oh man, I wish that I could just bottle all of the cool things that I learned about the Gospel this week and give it to all of you! I learned so much about acting on spiritual promptings ASAP and I also learned a lot about how not to be afraid and just trust God, he has a plan! And a backup plan! This week, I literally could not wrap my mind around how COOL GOD IS. 

Well, food needs to be eaten, an apartment needs to be cleaned, and money needs to be spent. I love and miss you all, Remember how much God loves you and that he answers prayers!! 

Sister Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment