background

Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 30: Don't Fall

Happy (almost) Independence Day!! 
You know, you would THINK that after 14 weeks of riding a bike on and off that I would get the hang of it. That would only make sense. LOL this week, I only actually hit the ground once, but the other time, I literally flew over the handlebars just to stick the landing, much to my companion's entertainment!
I have learned a lot more about prayer this week. We had a great training on how to make our prayers more meaningful and I have been trying to apply it this week. I really got to practice this last night. We were biking home when the elders called to have a conference call with everyone. Long story short, gave the opening prayer, over the phone, while biking down a hill(obviously I didn't learn very much from my two falls this week!) 

One of my favorite moments of the week was when our investigator decided to fast for the first time to receive an answer!! the 3 of us fasted this week for her. No answer yet, but she really is being so sincere and truly seeking for an answer with all that she has! I am so proud of her! 
Oh! Guess who is back!! Our investigator that went to Texas for a month is back and still wants to be baptized!! YAY! 

Julie is still as golden as ever. She has loads of questions but her only concern is that she will not live long enough to get ALL of her family history done! She also cannot understand how anyone would NOT accept the gospel! Uhhh.....People just don't come as golden as she does! 
Emporia's less-actives have been so prepared! We are working with 4 people who all want to go to the temple! I am so excited to work with them! I have never seen so many less-actives progress all at the same time. 

I am learning so much. Some lessons are harder to learn than others, and sometimes, the Spirit probably wants to hit me over the head! I am so lucky to be serving here in Emporia with and for the people that I am around. I have so much humbling to do and the Lord has a lot of work for me to do! I love doing what I do each and every single day! I love and miss you all! 

Remember that God Answers prayers! 




 One of my favorite Kansas views!!


 All day, every day. :)


Saving Kansas one spider at a time! 

Gotta love the Kansas sunsets!!

Seriously, sunsets just don't come like this!

Catching a glimpse of the fireflies!! :D

I have a pretty serious tan line! :o

salvation is much more important than my stomach..

Rain, wind, sleet or shine!

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment