background

Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 43: Why did the pig walk into the kitchen...He wanted some bacon!


I hate it when sad things happen right before Pday. It puts me in a weird mood. To follow up from last week, that investigator kept going strong, so SOLID. Then, out of no where, she dropped us again. So sad. Usually, when someone drops us like that it's a pretty hard thing to go through. It's hard to explain but I was so calm and peaceful all day long. Not a single investigator showed up to church, but instead of getting all worked up from it, the Spirit told me that it was going to be okay. We went over to her house last night and had a good talk. She doesn't believe that the Book of Mormon is true. There were tears(from me) but some laughs as well. Such a weird appointment. Sister Bringhurst and I were trying to get our thoughts together afterwards. We were saying how sad it was, but both of us couldn't deny that we felt okay about the whole thing. I love Beverly so much and I have had so many life changing moments standing on her porch.
Something that Beverly said to us earlier really had me self-reflecting. I asked myself this: "Am I serving a mission, or am I serving the Lord?" What if the Lord asked me to serve here and I didn't get any benefit from it at all. No life lessons, no pat on the back, no glory. What if it was all anonymous? Would I change anything if there was nothing in it for me? I realized yesterday that I wouldn't. I would still be here in Kansas because even though I am blessed so much more from the Lord than I could ever give back to him, This work belongs to the Lord. This work is so much bigger than me. Don't get me wrong here, I know that a mission is more for the missionary than it is for the converts and investigators, but I realized more what it means to give everything that I have to the Lord. I realized more so how to be a servant of the Lord. He is the one who sent me to Kansas, and I am forever in his debt for that.
Our mission has a saying, "I grew up in Kansas" I was raised in California and Utah, but I am growing up in Kansas.
On a more happier note, the less-actives here have been so prepared! So many of them want to go to the temple and truly change their lives! I love watching faith grow so much! We have the opportunity of working with a lot of less-active members and I learn so much from them!
I made a best friend this week. We met a lady whose friend told her about the church and wanted to learn more. As we were talking, her 6-year old son named Manuel comes in and sits RIGHT next to me, practically on my lap. As his mom was expressing her desire to increase her relationship with God, he kept turning to me to tell me a joke(notice the title.) His puppy couldn't get enough attention as well.  When we were leaving, he jumped on his little motorcycle and raced us in the car. Now, every time that we leave, we have to race!
I hope that you all had a fantastic week! Keep relying on the Lord and he will take good care of you! Remember that God answers prayers!




Not quite sure exactly how this played out, first there was hail, then the CarZar called us after 10 pm going crazy and wanting us to check the car. I was just confused :)



Happy birthday Mom! So, I may have waited until this morning to take pictures....


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment