background

Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 25: Raindrops

"It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is.....reading the Book of Mormon!"


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE!! 

This week was...wet. I did not think that it would affect us much because we had the car(poor elders) until we loaned the car to them for just 2 hours....just 2. It rained. A lot. Oh my goodness, it was so much fun! I love the rain! Plus, I don't have to wash my skirt until next week! Check. I don't know how anyone took us seriously because we were a SIGHT. Drenched, skirts, and bikes. You know, the typical image you think of when you think of a representative of the Savior. 

The next morning, We took the bikes again and it was DOWN POURING. We were not even biking 1/2 mile away and we were soaked! When we got home, we realized that we accidentally gave our house keys to the elders, who were on their way to Burlington...whoops! We ended up changing our clothes 3 times that day because we were so wet and dirty! LOL

BUT, it was all so incredibly worth it because we found a small family to teach! They are so cute! We knocked on their door a few weeks ago and they are looking for a church to go to! After a crazy lesson and trying to invite her to baptism when a BABY BUNNY HOPS INTO THE ROOM. Uh....okay. Now, the wife has committed to be baptized next month! Miracle!
As a missionary, I realize that my happiness and sorrow have changed tremendously. I have never worked and fought so hard than I have for someone to accept the gospel into their life. I have never felt the sorrow so hard as when someone rejects this life-altering message. I have never felt the pure joy than when someone does accept and change their life around for this. Seriously, a mission changes you, every. Single. Day. 

Yesterday, we were expecting quite a few people at church. We worked our tails of inviting, setting up rides, and confirming with them that they were coming, and....no one came. That was hard. It hit my companion pretty hard, she is so passionate and dedicated to the work that it affects her when others choose not to experience the joy. We had a little pep talk about how this is not our work, it is the Lord's work. 

I love this work. It is so worth it. The Lord humbles me daily, and blesses me way more than I can even contain. I hope that you all have a wonderful week by letting the Lord work miracles in your life. I love you all, remember that God answers prayers! 

Sister Parry

My homies.

SOLID.

We Locked ourselves out. Whoops!

We were only in the rain for 5 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment