background

Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 72: A Full Circle

So, big news of the week: A convert that I taught a year ago here in Salina is going through the temple on May 7th!!!!! And......President Bell said that my companion and I can go! I am at a lack of words to express to you how excited I am! Shelley's whole conversion started out with the temple and I am so excited for her. I haven't been to a temple since before I left on my mission and I am definitely temple-trunky....only 10 more days.....

Erica and William just keep getting more and more solid! They want to get baptized so badly, the only thing that was holding them back was marriage. We fasted with them this weekend for them to get their answer about getting married. We all broke our fast together and they told us that they decided to get married soon so they can get baptized! I'm really really hoping that they will decide to get married and baptized on the same day as the ward Cinco de Mayo party! That would be the best Saturday of my life! 

We went on a couple of exchanges this week and the coolest thing happened! I was in Manhattan, talking to a recent convert about how she wants to share the Gospel with her mother and the next week, I went to Junction City on exchanges and met the mother!! She said that she has seen the change in her daughter's family and wants to jump right into the font! Another miracle from exchanges was when we visited this investigator that they were thinking about dropping because they didn't know how serious she was. As we were teaching her, I had an overwhelming feeling that I needed to tell her that God knows her situation, loves her, and has a plan for her. After I told her, she burst into tears and told us that the day that she met the missionaries was the day that she found out that a few of her good friends got into a big car accident and passed away. I feel so blessed to know that Heavenly Father knows each of His children so well. 

Random news: 
-I got to see Alexia last week!!!
-I finally got kicked out of a trailer park. For as many trailer parks as I have been in, it was bound to happen one day. AND the person that kicked us out also told us that God is an alien so I'm not too offended. 
-Tornado season is back!!!! There was one 30 miles away from us but nothing to even have the sirens go off. I have been in Kansas for almost 17 months of my life and I still have not seen a tornado! How is that fair?? Apparently, Salina rarely sees tornadoes but I will not loose faith that I am going to see one!  

Best line of the week: 
a lady that the elders taught got baptized and we were helping her after she got out of the font. She turned to us and said, "I can't get the smile off of my face!" 

I have decided that Kansas is the best place on Earth because it is the place that I am becoming converted. My testimony is growing stronger and stronger every day. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true because it contains the full Gospel. I know that because the priesthood was restored, we are able to enjoy the blessing of making covenants with Heavenly Father. I know that the Lord has given us scriptures to give us guidance and direction in our every-day lives and I have personally experienced the blessings from soaking up the word of God every single day! 

I hope that you remember that I love you and that God answers prayers! 

Sister Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment