background

Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 55: Merry Christmas from Kansas!!

Feliz Navidad!

Who's pumped?! I am. I have been looking forward to this coming week since October and it is finally here!!

If I had to choose just one word to describe my entire week it would probably be "joy"....or "insanity". 
The huge news of the week is that Gonzalo Lira is now a priest with the Aaronic priesthood...Who knew 3 months ago that they would come so far?? The Lord knew. They are full force members. They have been promised very powerfully several times that The Lord wants them to be a very active part of his kingdom building and they are taking that seriously! They feed all 8 missionaries once a week, the parents are on team-ups with the missionaries several times a week, yesterday, they drove a few people to a devotional at the stake center an hour away and bore their testimonies at the devotional! If this is how far they have come in just 3 months, I cannot wait to see where the Lord will take them in a few years! 

I gained a testimony about the Lord's timing this week! We went over to a lady's house for the 2nd time and just a few hours earlier, her husband and her decided to get a divorce! She burst out crying and apologizing. The Spirit came into the room so strongly as we testified to her about the Savior and the Atonement. It was powerful. I love moments like that when you can practically see the Spirit right in front of you. 

A few nights ago, I woke up to my companion talking! I was so confused so I looked over to watch her as she sat up in bed and said: "I think that I know what I am doing haha, hold still!"  It was hilarious, now the question is what was she dreaming about?!
Another great moment was during studies, there was a knock at our door. When I answered it, 2 men were at the door and said, 

Them: "Hello, we are ministers for the Bible Baptist Church."
Me: "Hey, we're missionaries too! Have you heard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints?"
Them: "Yes we have."
Me: "Really? Have you ever talked to or seen other missionaries around?
They proceeded to give us their card and invite us to their Christmas services-Don't worry, I invited them to ours too! It was soooooooo funny. Now I know what people think when we come to their door! 

Also, guess who I saw this week! Kevin and Kylee AKA Elder Page and Sister Runia! It was so fun to catch up with them but pretty weird to see them again not as full-time missionaries. 
Quote of the week:

"We live next to a LDS church in Lawrence and now we are on vacation from the Mormons"

I hope that you are all enjoying this Christmas week! I challenge you to take a few minutes every day to forget about presents that you have to buy, the cards that you still have to send, the house that needs to be cleaned, and the in-laws that are spending the night. Take at least 10 minutes of your day to look around and to be grateful for the Savior and all the love and blessings that he gives you! I love and miss you all! Remember that God answers prayers!

Sister Parry


Our cute Christmas tree

Kylee and I

No comments:

Post a Comment