background

Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 53: Christmas has Struck Dodge!

Hi!

So much happened this week but I am having another writer's block moment! Can I just forward you my companion's email and call it good?? Hold on tight while I explode this week at you!

Last Pday there was a parade to light up Dodge City with Christmas lights! Why doesn't Sandy do that?!  There was tons of people everywhere which made it all the better! We went over to have a Family Home Evening with the Lira's and played Mexican Bingo. I must be really great at speaking Spanish because they kept asking me to pronounce everything. Jokes, jokes.

Tuesday was probably one of the best days of my mission. We had a fantastic district meeting and we walked out of there even more dedicated and stoked to go work! We did things that we have been scared to do, saw miracles left and right, and had a blast! I have been obsessed with keeping up this momentum for the rest of my mission.

I hit my year mark on Thursday.......oh my gosh..........so weird! I'm a mix of emotions right now!!

I got really temple-trunky this week as well. I realized that I haven't been to or even looked at a temple in a year and then some! When I was praying that night, I felt like a 4 year-old crying to a parent about being homesick(home sick for the house of the Lord that is!) I realized that it is so worth it to miss it so much to now see the Lira family and others prepare to go to the temple soon! I feel so blessed! So the next time that you see or go to the temple, say hi for me!

One of my favorite moments of the week was when we got a text from the ward asking all of the missionaries to do a live nativity at the ward party that night! I don't mean to brag but I had the main role! Yes, I was the donkey. One of the highlights was watching Mary try to deliver Jesus AKA try to get the basketball out of her shirt. It took a solid 2 minutes and help from her mom but the show must go on!!

Did anyone watch the Christmas Devotional?? It was amazing! Just so you know! How are you spreading the Christmas love??

I love you all, I miss you and remember that God answers prayers!!!
Sister Parry


Maliegh wants to play the piano when her dad is baptized

1 year.....Can anyone believe that?!?!






No comments:

Post a Comment