background

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 51: Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

So, right now, I am sitting in a kid-size chair, using a kid-size keyboard, and a kid-size mouse at the library, so forgive me for any typos! 

First thing: WE ALL SURVIVED TRANSFERS!!!! Sister Bringhurst and I get another transfer together in Dodge City! Plus, I get to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas here. I am in a dream. By the end of this transfer, I will have been in Dodge for 6 months! Woah!! A whole third of my entire mission. I just sat down, and realized that my entire scale of thinking has been completely focused on the Lira's baptism and transfers this week! But now both are over. :) 

So the baptism was easily, one of the most powerful baptism services that I have ever been to. It was standing room only, Gonzalo prayed, the entire thing was focused on the temple and the family, the Spirit was so strong, and the whole room was filled with love and support for this dear family. My favorite part was right before they went into the font, I suggested that we all say a prayer together. I have rarely felt the Spirit this strongly as I did in a tiny bathroom in Dodge City Kansas. Beatriz said that even though there was a lot of people there, all she could see was her family. 

Because it's Thanksgiving week, I wanted you to know just a portion of what I am grateful for:
The Atonement
My family that supports me
Kansas, that has given me an opportunity to change my entire life
The Book of Mormon that gives me strength every single day

Alright, so the library computer is kicking me off now! I love you all! Remember that God answers prayers! 

Sister Parry

The Dodge City District
Sisters: Bringhurst, Parry, Hymas, Judy
Elders: Cole, Maisey, Grow, Banderez


Little Maleigh will only give us handshakes whenever we leave


Sister Starks is like having a grandma right here in Dodge. She always has cookies and soda for us to eat, and gives us a hug that will make your eyeballs fall out!


Just chillin


The day of the baptism, we "decorated" the Lira's car :)


A dream come true!



Jasmine was nervous out of her mind! 



The Lira's Christmas tree. The top is the first pass-along card that we gave them, and all of the pictures that we have given them over time. They have the Temple, Jesus, their baptism photos, the scriptures, etc. It's the best Christmas tree that I have ever seen!






























No comments:

Post a Comment