background

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Week 47: The tale of 2 missionaries

Hello! 
Today is another one of those days when so much happened, but I have NO IDEA how to write it all out! I should get my companions to write my emails for me! :) 

I prayed that Heavenly father would give us tons of people to talk to this week and we were so busy-those weeks are the best. By the end of the day, I feel so exhausted that I want to collapse but it is such a satisfying feeling to be worn out in the work of the Lord. 

Speaking of being worn out, I was brushing my teeth when I realized that it WASN'T MY TOOTHBRUSH. Nasty. Great, then I had to tell Sister Bringhurst that we need to run to Walmart to get her a new one! So embarrassing. 

The beloved Lira family! Is doing so great! We had to figure out all sorts of details this week but they are all on date to get baptized!!!!!!!!!! The mom and daughter are getting baptized on November 22 and the Dad needs to wait but he will be getting baptized in March. :)))) Oh, and they finally made it to church and they loved it! The Spirit is getting stronger and stronger with them. Just walking into their home the other night, was so great. We walked in and the Spirit was already in the home waiting for us! Usually in teaching almost anyone, we try to bring the Spirit with us and leave it with them.
Last week when we were teaching the 13-year old class, they all laughed when I said, "Church is only 3 hours long!" 

But seriously. We spend all week long, pumping people up to come to church, getting them a ride, clearing their schedule, ect ect. When Sunday morning rolls around, It's game time. All the missionaries stand by the front door waiting for everyone to come. Once when they do, church instantly turns into a juggling act! 

Oh, I'm giving a talk? Where's the teacher? No, I'm not the librarian, lets all go to 3 different classes? How many times can someone bring up doctrine that the investigators have never heard before?? I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love every second of it. Going to church makes me feel like I have been on a roller coaster! 

So the 4 of us sister missionaries are at a dinner appointment with some great members. They pull out this home-made cheesecake and we all die. I am sooooooo excited because it has been months since I have had it! Then I taste it. Gross. It tasted so bad, but we all smiled and told her how much we LOVED it! I look over at Sister Judy and she was struggling to even get it down! The members were standing in the kitchen so I took a HUGE bite of hers and swallowed it down. Just taking one for the team. 
It's never too early to get ready for Christmas! Sister Bringhurst has some mixed emotions about her 1st Christmas away from home, so I am making it my personal mission to make it the best Christmas ever for her. I know that odds are, we probably won't be companions during Christmas, but that's okay, I have a plan! I'm not going to give it all away now, but this week we are going to decorate the whole apartment! And maybe we have listened to just Christmas music ALL WEEK LONG? Love it. 
I love and miss you all, remember that God answers prayers! 

Sister Parry
Liberal Kansas is the home of Dorothy so we just HAD to have a mini photo-shoot! 


So Kansas. 


Jesus is the way. 


Teach when you find, find when you teach.


Cupcakes!


So many jumping pictures this week!


Loving fall













 







No comments:

Post a Comment