background

Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 21

This week taught me a lot of things! 

I now know how to pray more sincerely, be strengthened as companions because we have a lot more trust for each other, I know that the elders learned that they CANNOT take 2 hours to answer the phone at 2AM(now, the phone never has to ring more than twice before they answer!) I know that my companions are cursed to have a medical emergency! (remember Sister Runia's wrist? I am no foreigner to the ER anymore!)


To make a VERY LONG STORY short: 
Sister Heger had a diabetic seizure early Tuesday morning, I shot her with her emergency shot, and we had an adventure in the ER! She is doing really well now and recovering just fine. It's funny how Heavenly Father didn't stop the seizure from happening but he did prepare us for this. Not only had Sister Heger trained me on how to perform the shot, but when we left the ER the dietician gave us a list of foods that she needs to eat with every meal for the rest of the week. We had bought EVERY SINGLE ITEM the day before so we were fully stocked up, coincidence? An investigator was asking us if God was supposed to be our loving Heavenly Father, why would he allow this to happen to someone who is serving him?! That was a good point. I don't know what God had in mind, but I have learned a lot this week. I know that God has turned an awful thing into a learning and growing opportunity for the both of us. I love seeing how God is so willing to bless us if we will just let him do it!

The rest of the week was central to recovering from Tuesday. She still can barely move an arm without me checking up on her! Luckily, we both survived transfers this week so we are both here in Emporia for another 6 weeks! 

We had a few other extreme things happen this week: 

-Extreme weather! I have never been in a Sacrament meeting where they tell you what to do in case a tornado hits! 
-Extreme amount of Girl Scout cookies! We are giving them away like pass-along cards! 
-A ride in an extremely cool and old car! 
-An extreme spider!!
-Extremely awesome moment when Debbi told us that she wants to stop smoking and be baptized! She knows how to make a missionary happy! 

Because the ER was not ALL depressing here are some of the funny moments: 

When the insurance lady asked her if clergy was allowed to visit I laughed and said:
"We ARE the clergy! And the OTHER clergy isn't picking up their phone right now!!"
"Sister, what is the date today?" "April 22" "Oh okay, what is the date today? Did I already ask that?"
"I rode in an ambulance for the first time and I missed it?!" 
"Has General Conference happened yet?"
"Was Sandy okay when she came up out of the water? (talking about the baptism) 

This week really threw us for a loop but I gained so much from it! I know that God has so many blessings to give us if we will just let him! I love this gospel with all of my heart!
I hope that all of you know that God answers prayers!

Loves and a hug from Kansas, 
Sister Parry






No comments:

Post a Comment