background

Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 12

Next week I will have been on my mission for.......3 months!!


Crazy how the time flies by! I have realized that this time that I have to be on a mission is extremely limited and that I need to take advantage and make the most out of the time that I have. 
This week has been so good! We started out by having a "specialized training" I love to see all of the missionaries in our zone! We also had exchanges which was sort of funny. They put me with a brand new sister for 24 hours...yeah, in an area that I have never been to! Luckily, I have embraced the idea of "fake it till' you make it!" We kept busy and worked on training together! I also got a lot of new ideas from her! 
While I was gone, Sister Prince found a GOLDMINE of less-actives that are also related to a member in the ward! Yeah, a girl came up to her and told her that she wants to be baptized! That just doesn't happen without the Spirit! She also walked into church by herself even though her mom was sick. Did I mention that she was 10 years old?! 

We finished teaching Shelley this week! She had some pretty deep questions again this week but I think that we managed to find her answers with her. She had a rough week earlier and Satan was really having a ball with her. The elders came and gave her a blessing, she was instantly calmer and has been ever since. I love the priesthood. 

We taught her about tithing this week and on Sunday, she walked up to me with her tithing all set to go and said, "where does this go?" She is SO SOLID!! 

The work is really starting to pick up now that Sister Prince and I are getting the hang of things. Sister Prince has some really great ideas, and we are trying our best to get involved the best we can. It works! The members a re giving us more referrals now! 

So, we drove around and got soooooo lost this week! There is a solar-system neighborhood. All the streets around here are named something like: Sun, Moon, Star, Venus, Mercury, Mars, etc. So we were looking for Venus and thought that it would be next Mercury because, you know that would only make sense to me! But no! Venus was next to Mars! I was so confused! 
I hope that all is going as awesome with everyone as it is here! 
Remember that God answers prayers! 

Loves and a hug from Kansas, 
Sister Parry











No comments:

Post a Comment