background

Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 80: The Last Letter from Kansas

Just so you know, I have written and re-written this email several times now and I have NO IDEA what to say. 

So this week was probably the craziest weeks of my mission but also the most rewarding! By Tuesday night, I was emotionally exhausted and by Sunday night, I could barely stay awake! Fortunately, Heavenly Father kept me busy enough all week long that there was not enough time to even think! 

This week was INSANE but Erika and Will got baptized and that is all that matters. Seeing them all dressed in white was just so perfect. They looked like they belonged in white. We're taking Erika on team-ups with us tonight and I am so excited!!

Favorite moments of the week: 
-Going to fill the font up and there are 6 BROWN RECLUSE SPIDERS IN THE FONT. 
-Waiting for Erika and William to come to sacrament meeting to be confirmed. They were running late and still not there as the other converts were being confirmed. I was praying SO HARD. They pulled up and I ran outside yelling, "QUICK!!! THEY ARE GOING TO CONFIRM YOU RIGHT NOW! RUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!" The 3 of us booked it inside the chapel just as they were announcing for them to come up.....it was stressful. 
-We were on exchanges all week long. I love exchanges! It takes me out of my element a little and I absolutely love all of the sisters that we work with. In all, I spent a total of 2 1/2 days with my actual companion. 
-We lost contact with Jessica for a few days and we were off our rockers! After we did all that we could think of to get a hold of her, we tried to think "what would Jesus Do?" we  decided that Jesus would leave a Dr. Pepper on her doorstep. When we finally talked to her, she said that it made her laugh so much and now she laughs every time she sees a Dr. Pepper. it pretty much saved everything with Jessica.
-a few minutes ago when PAM FROM EMPORIA walked into the church to say hi and goodbye to me!! Then I got to teach her one last lesson as a missionary. :'(

Going home just does not seem real to me. People keep telling me that this week, I am going to get on an airplane, and people keep telling me goodbye but it really has not sunk in yet. 

I want you all to know that my mission has meant and will always mean the world to me. I have never had more fun than I have walking the streets of Kansas talking about Jesus all day, every day. I am forever grateful for this marvelous opportunity to share my testimony with everyone that I meet. I want to thank each one of you for all the support and the impact that you all have had on me. I have learned to love the Gospel so much. Faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end are the way to lead a happy life-it's the way that Jesus Christ led his own life. I love Kansas and my Savior with all of my heart. My life has forever been changed because of this past year and a half. I cannot believe how fast it has gone. I love you all and I want you to know that I know with all of my heart that God really, truly answers prayers! 

Sister Parry



The district! Sister McClees, Me, Elder Yardly, Elder Brown, Elder Gunnell, Elder Merrifield


 long hair problems

Kansas wind...


THRASH IT LIKE COMBINES!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment