background

Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 79: "Ya know, corn? The fruit?"‏

This week is going to be SO BUSY. We are going to be on exchanges all week long and on Saturday, Erika, William, Jessica, Jayla, Janiya, Christopher, and Sierra are ALL getting baptized! Don't you hate it when your worst problem is not having enough jumpsuits because the Salina Ward is exploding?! The Lord sure is hastening his work and it is going with or without us to so jump on board! I feel so grateful for such a busy week because it gives me less time to think about myself and more time to think about Heavenly Father's other children..he is so good to me. 

God has an interesting sense of humor. Yesterday, I was sitting in sacrament meeting squished in between the most solid investigators, and recent converts-Life could not get any better. THEN sacrament meeting started and it was a mission farewell! All of sacrament meeting was focused on going on a mission and I just about died. 

JESSICA. I can't get enough of that family! THEY ARE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEKEND!! She gets more and more solid every time that we see them! She NEEDED to be at church this week in order to be baptized but she was scheduled to work! She and we did everything that we could but we needed a miracle... there are few times that I have prayed that hard for anything in my life. Her co-worker asked her to trade shifts with her and she got to come to church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is so good to us! Last night, we had a lesson with her and she brought her super solid friend that she has been sharing the gospel with and they both LOVED the Plan of Salvation! 

FUNNIES:
Here in Salina, there are thousands of locusts and they are SO LOUD. We were driving in a neighborhood and I rolled down my window to listen to them. Sister McClees saw one flying towards the window and started screaming for me to roll up the window. Instead, I started to drive away and we both thought that it flew IN THE CAR!! Sister McClees almost jump out of the car, and I almost ran into a rose bush. We almost peed our pants but lo and behold, the car was free of any locusts. We managed to survive the attack. 

"You CAN'T wear boots and shorts! It's a walking contradiction" 
"they're British...So what? Sherlock Holmes man!"
"Ya know how veins are red and blue, Ya...mine are black and John Deere green."
"I think that the Lord called me to be a brown missionary so I can teach black people."
"Ya know, corn? The fruit?"

(in coordination meeting, the elders were talking about a recent convert)"He wants to marry a good Mormon girl" 
Bishop:"I vote Sister Parry!" 
(later)
"Sister Parry, you should move back to Salina and get a job as a nurse at the hospital here! 
Perfect. My life has been planned out by the Salina Ward Council. 

We had zone conference this week and it was SO GREAT. I was looking back and realized that my mission has really taught me how to BE a missionary-not just be on a mission. When I go home, I don't want others to have to look at a name tag to see a representative of Jesus Christ. This has changed my life forever. Jesus Christ is my best friend and I will do anything for my best friend. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me on a mission. It will always amaze me how much He taught me in 18 short months and how much I will continue to learn. I hope that you all have a great week and remember that God really does answer prayers! 

Sista Parry



Our McDonalds has a permanent owl on it...


KANSAS

We're in the heartland

How many elders can you fit in Olive Garden?

There's a storm a brewing! 

Team-ups with Breanah! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment