background

Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 77: Spiritually Rebuked

Happy Monday everyone!

Okay, expressing my emotions into words is like Laman and Lemuel's attempt to not complain and murmur. 

This week was a whirlwind again. We had a mission-wide conference and I THOUGHT that we were going to be trained on how to use ipads. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much at all because I will not be using them for very long anyways. I was very, very wrong. We spent maybe 20 minutes talking about ipads, the other 4 1/2 hours was spent by Elder Clarke teaching us life skills. It was like God shining a neon flashing sign that said: "SISTER PARRY THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE" I did not come prepared to receive so much revelation....I didn't even bring a notebook, so I took up 4 pages of my planner writing notes! 

After the conference, We had a few sets of exchanges so I didn't even spend time in Salina or see my companion until Saturday. Apparently while I was gone, Salina ALMOST had a tornado and someone accidentally ran their car into the church! I miss all of the good stuff! 

We saw so many miracles on Sunday. We somehow managed to hit all of our weekly goals within the last 20 minutes of the night. God is looking out for us. We have been so blessed to find 3 families to teach! I LOVE teaching families! There are few things that make me as happy as watching families come together. 

Here are some of my favorite quotes from Elder Clarke: 
"Basketball is the sport of the Celestial Kingdom." -Elder Clarke
"Sacrament meeting is a celebration of the atonement of Jesus Christ." -Elder Clark
"Happy always, content, never."-Elder Clark
"The ultimate expression of moral agency is in choosing God in in being Good." -Elder Bednar

Thank you so much for all of the love, support and prayers! I hope that you all have a fantastic week! LOVE you all!! Remember that God answers prayers!!

Sister Parry


Kansas

Reunited!!

Road trip to Wichita!

This is the 2nd most friendliest yarn store in the universe.....welcome to Kansas

As promised: The World's largest Czech egg is coming along quite nicely! 

Kansas sunset

Missionary look-alikes: Elder Hughes

Just for Dad: more olives than I have ever seen in my life


















No comments:

Post a Comment