background

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 78: Real Life

Happy 18 months to me! Excuse me while I go cry in a corner for a while in denial.....

One thing that Elder Holland taught us when he was here is that THIS is real life. Missionary work, the gospel, Jesus...is all REAL LIFE. At first, I had no idea what he meant until I started paying more attention. I realize that there is nothing that I love/want to do more than talk about Jesus all the time. On days that we have a lot of long-distance driving or meetings, I find myself longing to get out and talk to anyone and everyone about Jesus. Everything just makes sense. Even the small, seemingly insignificant parts of life just makes sense with the Gospel. 

For example teaching Jessica and her kids(get ready for these names:) JaylaJaniyaJakye, and Jashadrey has been some of the best times of my mission. We were having a lesson with her and she told us that we have a light about us, and that we seem at peace and actually happy. she told us that she wants that for herself and also she wants to be a light for other people as well. She is so amazing! Most people don't just say things like that! We also taught her the Word of Wisdom AND the Law of Chastidy at the same time and her only question was: "Is there anything else that I need to know before I get baptized?"

One thing that stuck out me again and again this week was the Christlike character of turning outwards instead of inwards. The Savior's natural character is to pay attention to helping others instead of Himself. The Spirit has pointed out to me everytime that I selfishly turn inwards this week and let me tell you that I have A LOT of work to do. 
Classic moments of the week:
-The time that I lathered HORSERADISH on my sandwich instead of mayonnaise at a recent convert's and I was almost sweating! 
-The time when our mission FINALLY got ipads...except for me and 13 other missionaries. That's okay, I'm already over it. 
-That time when we were teaching 2 less-active teenagers and I started singing a rap about the Restoration that another missionary wrote and they areSTILL convinced that I can drop a beat whenever I want! 
-That time when I woke up to the CRAZIEST thunderstorm that I have ever seen and I thought that we were going to die. 
-That time when within 10 minutes we watched a funnel cloud start to form, smoothed out, saw a rainbow, down poured with rain and hail, and then dispersed as if nothing had happened. 

Quotes of the week:
"Those are the UGLIEST socks that I've ever seen!"(President Bell to the zone leaders) 
"I ain't even mad!" 
"Somethings wrong Shadrey', he either pooped or farted"
"Doing gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood"
"I like these guys better than Elder Merrifield and Brown" 
"Shoulda had a V8" 
"I'm full of black blood, that means I'm black on the inside!" 
"Sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles you know" 
"Satan was tempting me with this marvelous and majestic man in front of me" 

I'm so grateful for this time that the Savior has given me to be a missionary in Kansas, it really is the best thing that I have ever done! I hope that you all have a fantastic week and remember that God answers prayers! 

Lots of love, 
Sister Parry

We think we're cool

You can't really tell, but a member bought me a 44oz drink at Sonic and it was HUGE!

 Technology these days

We found him like this

Families forever!! 

June MLC

June MLC




Stake P-Day 


No comments:

Post a Comment