background

Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 74: Reunited with the Temple

First of all: 
HAPPY LATE MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope that every mother out there was spoiled yesterday(especially my own) I had a realization this week about why God gave us moms. Here are just a few woman that have have a big impact on my life: MOM, Grandma Barbara, Gramma, Heather Oakman, Corinne Pontius, Carmen Shirk, Kelly Kocherhans, Tia Parry, Auntie Karen, Dominique Allen, Ashley Harmon, and Courtney Gay. 
I actually just tried to type all of the names out, but there are so many woman that have impacted my life so much that I could not have room or time to list them all. Basically, if you are a female and reading this, I can almost guarantee that you have impacted my life so much. 

I was so stinking close to seeing a tornado last Monday! We spend Pday in Manhattan and played kickball until it was raining so hard that we couldn't see. Before we drove back to Salina, we prayed about it and felt that we needed to drive back despite the weather. and boy, did Mother Nature just go all out. There were 2 1/2 foot flash-floods that cars were getting stuck in, rain that you couldn't see through, hail, wind, and my personal favorite: a dark rotating cloud directly above us as we were driving! So, I experienced all of the symptoms of a tornado without the actual tornado. :( 

Going to the temple with Shelley was definitely one of the highlights of my life. There are few moments that I can compare to siting in the Celestial Room with someone that has fully embraced the Gospel in just a year. Every time that I go to the temple, I feel that it is so worth every battle and effort to get there. The Spirit there cannot be compared to anything else that I have experienced. It took a long time, but I finally got to go back to the temple and I am so grateful for that sacred opportunity. I have thanked Heavenly Father for that every single day for at least 3 weeks now. 

 These last 6 weeks, I have a goal to solidify everything that I have learned these last 17 months into who I am. I can't emphasize enough how much Kansas means to me. I feel so blessed to take the Lord's name upon myself each and every single day. I know that all of us can have that same opportunity. I love and miss you all! Take care, and remember that God answers prayers! 

Lots of Love, 
Sister Parry



Exchanges with Sister Gelabert! 

Sundays with Cheyanne! I love recent converts as team-ups!

closed for remodeling or demolishing? I can't tell. 

Comp dates are important too. 

Sometimes we can't see out of the windshield because of all the dead bugs

Once upon a time we played kickball in the rain and ALMOST saw a tornado 

Kansas City Missouri Temple!! (taken as the tornado sirens were blaring)

Kansas City Missouri Temple 

May MLC





















No comments:

Post a Comment