background

Monday, October 28, 2013

Mission Music

So, I have a confession to make, I sing. Not well or on key, but I sing. A lot. With this knowledge, I know that while I am serving my mission I will need sing then as well, it's not just going to go away! The music standards for my mission is uplifting gospel music by LDS artists. I think. I can't find the letter from my mission president so I am sort of guessing(whoops) Music is near and dear to my heart and speaks to my soul, besides as we learn in D&C 25:12,
"For my soul delighteth in the song of he heart; yea, he song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads"(Learn your scripture mastery folks:))
I have been on a hunt for music to bring to Kansas with me so I don't go crazy and start improvising to make up for the loss. Music is a FANTASTIC gift idea for a missionary (wink wink) This is a list of what music other girls are bringing and music on lds.org. I haven't listened to ALL of it yet but here you go:
-BYU Men's Chorus
-EFY CDs
-The Piano Guys
-Motab
-Hilary Weeks
-Jenny Oakes Baker
-Alex Boye
-Fatai TAbo
-BYU Vocal Point
-The Lower Lights
-Reflection of Christ
-The Singles Ward soundtrack
-Not Your Mother's LDS Music
-The Canadian Tenors
-Mindy Gledhill
-Noteworthy
-Called to the Work by Rebecca Mohler
-Timber
-Grace by Cherie Call
-Lidnesy Sterling
-Julie de Azevendo
-Desert Book Summer Fever
-Time Out for Women
-RM soundtrack
Jimmy Needhad
-Meridith Andrews
-Page CXVI

If you have any suggestions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment